Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Walking the Walk

Five years ago I lost a lot of weight.  85 pounds.  That was the easy part.  Keeping it off proved difficult.  I have dissolved in tears during doctors appointments.  My physician of 27 yrs is kind.
He didn't ridicule or scold.  Maybe he should have, but then I probably wouldn't go to the doctor
when I needed to.
Last year I lost 20 of the pounds I had regained.  I had regained 50.  I know.  Stupid.  I found a lot of
excuses.  I found the strength to lose those 20 but not more.  Then Christmas came and I gained another
five.  Back and forth for five months.  Up five.  Lose them again and again. 
This week I sucked it up and decided I had to hit the streets again.  Walk more.  Exercise more.  I have been telling myself that thrice weekly at Curves and two miles a day should be enough.  It should be but it isn't.  Today I walked 7 to 8 miles.  My knees say it is 8. 
I am also strongly imploring the LORD for help.  He is strong when we are weak.  I am weak.  He is strong.  He is faithful.  I am not always faithful but need to keep my connection strong and keep on.

No comments: