Saturday, May 10, 2008

Teddy Bear Park in Stillwater







A local philanthropist has been donating money to the city parks. A couple years ago this former Dell computer guy and his wife gave $3,000,000.00 to build a Teddy Bear park. It is tucked in a spot by the limestone bluffs downtown. For $3 mil you get a pretty fancy park. It isn't large, but very nice. As we drove by it this am I told our second son Dave about the granite teddy bears there. "There is a 9 foot sculptor", I said. He picked up quickly on that and replied, "Where did they find such a big artist?" Sculture. It is a sculpture of a 9 ft teddy bear. There are several and a small performance amphitheatre as well as a concrete tree house and play train etc. Very fun place. I can't wait until the twins are old enough to take them there. A couple summers ago I took Mina. She looked at it and said, "Grandma. I am nine years old". That is when I made plans to take her to the youth concert of the Jonas Brothers. We will go to the youth concert this summer. One of the cast of Disney's High School Musical will be here. Prepare yourself grandmas for hearing loss.

No comments: