Wednesday, February 4, 2009

"Writer's Blog"

A friend and blog reader emailed today asking if I have "writer's block". Yup. I do. It seems like I have been too cynical and unable to think of how to put a spin on daily life. What has been funny? I have been considering slipping away into the ethersphere. There are millions and millions of bloggers in the world whose only reader is their mum. I am an orphan and no mom to read mine.
Okay, I'll try to catch up on news in my life.
I now have a little one named after me. Cici delivered twins on Feb. 1st. A boy and a girl. Seems to be a lot of that going around lately. Mom and little ones are doing fine. They are named Jane and Johnson. I am honored. The Johnson name is a little unusual. He is named after the guests in my sister and brother-in-laws B&B at their Texas ranch who stayed up all night keeping vigil as the mother sheep labored and delivered. Cici is a ewe and the little lambs are just that---little lambs.
I have been thrilled to hear updates on Jane. "She dances" according to Carolyn. Sounds like a well-adjusted little lamb to me. Imagine my horror when I realized she might become someone's Easter dinner! Not to be. My sister said they will keep the female lambs as breeding stock.
Johnson's future is not as bright. One has to be realistic when you are in the agriculture business. You can't keep everyone of them as pets. In the meantime, I look forward to hearing about the progress of Baby Jane.
We now have three months of winter behind us and only three to go. It can still be cold in April. Last year it was also unseasonably cool in May but I chose to not dwell on that. It is February, the shortest month. The days are noticeably longer. It was -12 this morning but a warm-up is starting today. We should be 40 degrees warmer in the afternoon tomorrow. Back at the ranch where little Jane is frolicking, it was in the 70's yesterday. No wonder she is dancing.

No comments: