Friday, December 22, 2006

Happy Birthday to my Beautiful Sister


Today is my sister's birthday. She was born on our grandpa's birthday. It is not a good day for a birthday when you are growing up. Adults are busy getting ready for Christmas. She also got some "combination" gifts. They were usually wrapped in Christmas wrapping paper. Birthday parties were out of the question and I don't remember too many cakes. Since she has been married her husband and family have taken care to celebrate her birthday properly. I am not sure that happened much when she was a child. You have come a long way sister since being born in a house without electricity or running water. Dad held the kerosene lamp when you were born in that farmhouse. The Dr. and his nurse-wife came for the delivery. It must have been scary for our shy father and town-girl mom. There were guardian angels there I am sure. Happy Birthday to my beautiful sister.

No comments: