Sunday, December 17, 2006

THE PERFECT HOSTESS

Should I cook a turkey? Shall I do an Island theme party?
I am in a malaise preparing for Christmas because I have not seen any snow yet. I don't know how people do it in warmer climes. This is Minnesota but it looks like Arkansas. This week I will have to make some decision about what to cook. I have been catching a couple of Rachael Ray shows lately looking for ideas. Last week she demonstrated making an herbed wheel of Stilton cheese. I laughed thinking how that would go over here. Some would pick off all the green stuff, others just sniff the cheese and pass. Some would be glad I was a little more adventurous than other years. Link to Rachael Ray's Recipe: http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/?q=recipes/party-cheese


(My thoughts on being the perfect hostess)

THE PERFECT HOSTESS

Rachael Ray
There is no way
I would be able
to set the table
With a wheel of Stilton
Cheese, like the Hilton
If you please.
My family’s tastes are more mundane
Gourmet food would be in vane.

My solution to the quest
For holiday food that tastes the best
Keep it simple, keep it plain
That way no one can complain

Fondue pots with bubbling cheeses
Good with bread, oh bless it Jesus
Add a jar of Prego presto-
If tastes like pizza with some zesto
.
Plainer food is easier served
This family’s taste is quite reserved
Cheddar’s fine, served with some wine
Gouda, crackers, something sweet, ah-
But their favorite cheese --Velveeta.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Funny you mentioned Velveeta- as I was going to mention it being more along the lines of those who will attend. On a sidenote I recall when I moved out and had to fend for myself in regards to food, I was horrified to learn that Velveeta was stored on the shelf in the store. Not in the refrigerated section. That's when I realized it was a "cheese product", or something like that. Perhaps you should make Velveeta Fudge? Dad can take out his teeth and gurn for us. I'm sure we could come up with a down home talent show...