Friday, December 15, 2006

THE MINUTE WALTZ

Last year my favorite news hour commercial featured Molly Beck, daughter of my old roommate and friend Barb. Molly was the Nexium girl. She pitched the purple pill for almost a year. We were glad every time we saw it because she got residual pay. We watched Molly grow up seeing her almost every summer when her family spent their summer vacation in Minnesota. She is a talented actor and musician competing in a crowded field.
Molly has been replaced in the Nexium commercial by a guy with heartburn. My allegiance now has moved to watching Sally Field sell Boniva. I have always liked Sally who has a wholesome girl-next-door look. In the ad Sally promotes the advantage of once a month Boniva. She says her friends have to set aside time to take their pills for osteoporosis weekly. That must be a strain on the schedule. What does it take, maybe 30 seconds to take the weekly pill? I decided since I do not have to take a pill for osteoporosis I would spend that time wishing you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I know everyone is busy this time of year, but those of us who do not have to take the weekly pill should be considerate of the rest of our sisters who do.

site for Molly Beck Ferguson: http://www.mollybeckferguson.com/

No comments: