Sunday, September 14, 2008

NOT M & Ms M & Ms


I'll get in less trouble if I blog about babies vs. politics. Our twin grandkids should have an October birthday. Mary's Dr. says they will be happy if she makes it to 36 wks and will induce labor if she has not delivered by 39 wks. Like all very pregnant moms, she is anxious to get to the finish.

The ultrasound identified a boy and a girl. Mary and Mike decided to keep the names a secret until they are born. That has not stopped me from guessing. Since the ultrasound was labeled "Twin A & Twin B" I have guessed all the A & B names I can think of without a hit. We have joked about Betelgeuse for the boy. "Wouldn't you be surprised if you were right, mom?" said Mary. Yes, I would be surprised.

I thought I had better move through the alphabet a bit quicker since October is right around the corner. I went to the end. Why not X names like Brad and Angelina used for their flock?

How about Xena? Mike suggested pairing that with Hercules, but I like Zeus. Could you spell that with an X? Xena and Xeus? Nobody would pick on those kids on the playground, would they?

I thought that was an original thought until I Googled. There is a volleyball pairi with nicknames Zeus and Xena, a pair of Dobermans on a blog and the cute puppies in the picture. They are in their Halloween costumes dresssed as M&M's. One plain and one with...... You fill in that blank.
Since Mike & Mary have a logo of M&M (used it on favors at their wedding on packages of M&MS) they might like this idea. The kids may even be born on Halloween but I think this is going to be a hard sell. I better just shut up and wait to see what they will be called.

No comments: