Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sing of the Times





Have you ever noticed---
If the sign on the corner says “HUGE SALE”, it probably isn’t.
If the sign on the road says “BUMP”, there is usually nothing to slow down for.
I have yet to see a deer crossing by the DEER CROSSING signs.
SLOW CHILDREN signs seem demeaning to the neighborhood kids.
I never know what to think or do when I see a sign that reads LOW FLYING AIRCRAFT.
We decided to not give permission for political signs a couple years ago when my husband and I, unknown to each other, allowed signs for local school board candidates who opposed each other to be posted in our yard. We knew both people. Both were good candidates, but that sent a mixed message.
The only political sign I want to see now would read, “IT IS ALMOST OVER.”

No comments: