Friday, January 16, 2009

Slow as Molasses in January

I haven't blogged for over a week and have been getting "welfare checks" from friends. Doing a blog is like having a bird feeder. You have to maintain it. The first couple of days I didn't blog because I couldn't think of anything relevant to say. Next we were out of town several days. When I received inquiries about my health, I decided not having anything to say had never stopped me before from blogging. What did stop me was my computer. No access to the Internet and no idea why. It said I had a good connection. It also said I was short of memory. I can't remember if it said "virtual memory" or "short term memory" . How did the computer know that? I can't remember.
In a month I will turn 64. When my husband had that birthday he asked the question the Fab Four raised in song years ago, "Will you still need me? Will you still feed me...when I am 64. " I teased him, but it is not so funny now. On top of that I am short of short term memory.
Some people become wise with advancing years. I am not sure I am one of them. We were married almost 41 yrs. ago on a frigid, minus 20 something day. It was so cold the photographer was unable to take photos outdoors. His camera balked. The camera had more sense than the bride and groom who might have posed for those pictures outside. The weather was a lot like we have had this week. It was -20's and we didn't know about wind chills. Would have been a good time to go south to a warmer place on a honeymoon. We drove north to Canada. This week when we got a little case of cabin fever, we drove north to a resort complex through a snowstorm. I don't think we have learned much over the years.

No comments: