Saturday, February 16, 2008

What Did Say Your Name Was?

It's only six months until my maternal family reunion. One of my cousins set up a website for sharing information, old pictures, etc. I had never seen this picture of great uncle Ed.
I blogged previously about finding a picture of Ed in a group photo of lumberjacks in an historical book about pioneers in this area. I thought it was my grandpa Ed but my mom identified him as my grandpa Edmond's brother Edward. Hmmm. Two Eds. Good looking guys. My cousin had written that this Edward died at 24yrs of age. Although this was a large family, I commented it was funny there were two Eds. My cousin wrote back there were three Eds among the siblings if you counted their sister Edwidge. No wonder my grandpa went by his initials E.A.
Everyone's assignment for the day: label your old pictures. A generation or two later your descendants will be grateful.

No comments: