Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Bakin' the Bacon

I can feel my arteries clogging just looking at this. Bacon baskets alias bacontainer, probably dreamed up by someone who was cutting carbs. It is funny how food trends come and go. A few years ago eggs were verboten. I like bacon but just a little and cook it crisp and blot the grease. I have my husband trained to do the same. All I do is remind him his mom loved bacon, saved the grease to reuse and had a stroke at age 67.
Medical bulletins and research often gives conflicting answers. This week I read I have an increased risk of dying from heart disease BECAUSE of my large wt. loss. I am counting on better news with the next release of results from a study. Maybe someone will endorse bacon as healthy food.
http://www.notmartha.org/archives/2008/02/27/bacon-cups

No comments: