Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Slushie Day

It's just a couple days away from the first day of spring. We awoke this morning to about 4 inches of wet, heavy snow clinging to the trees. Everything looked fresh and beautifully white, but..... Enough already. Jon is in California and while I know how to use the snowthrower, I decided to shovel instead. It is the kind of wet snow that clogs up snowblowers. If I had merely waited it would have melted but I wanted to at least clear a path on the sidewalk. I ended up doing driveway and sidewalks then clearing a path for runoff water in the gutter down to the corner. Years ago, our kids would spend hours building dams to catch melted snow. I felt like a kid again playing outside. It would be a great snowman building day if you didn't mind getting soaked. The temperature is in the high 30s. Spring will come. Soon will will go through the 'tween stage of soggy yards and mud. I will be keeping an eye open for my daffodils and tulips and crocus to emerge. Hope springs eternal in the spring.

No comments: