Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Not the Best and the Brightest

This is becoming my favorite topic--strange politics.
I heard today that Dr. Kevorkian is running for congress. At last, someone to put them out of their misery on capitol hill.
Do you think he has a lot of satisfied patients? Are there any left who can vote for him? Should he have thought of that before? I doubt he will use this mugshot on campaign posters.
New York's governor resigned in disgrace today. I can't imagine it taking a day or two to make that decision. What I don't understand is why his wife stood by him at the podium. What's the point? Show solidarity? Save his political career? What political future? Oh well, maybe Clinton and Ted Kennedy have given some wayward guys hope. I wouldn't have been standing there. Let him sweat. Let him squirm. I would be home working on my attitude. Forgiveness is important but not something you must do in public.

No comments: