Monday, March 3, 2008

Those Darn Cats



Have you ever seen the TV ads for "Fancy Feast" cat food? A silky white Persian green-eyed cat lives the life of luxury eating cat food from a crystal dish. It occured to me I am not a high upkeep cat. Named (plain) Jane, did my name dictate my destiny? Would life be different if I was Tiffany? Who knows. I have to admit I don't like wearing jeweley much, I lack good taste and do not have a discriminating palate for the finer things. A few days later the black and white picture of the "Barn Cat" was in the newspaper. The caption: With a direct pipeline to the source of supply behind him, the barnyard cat awaits his daily ration of milk, reclining regally on a straw bale on the Dave Larson farm..." Realization? It is okay to be a barn cat. I am well provided for and content and have entered into His rest. I am at rest with a direct link to the (divine) source of supply.

No comments: