Sunday, April 6, 2008

Pinnacle of Heights



I'm using my frequent flyer miles to go to Boston tomorrow. All that was available in a time I wanted when I booked was a stopover in Indianapolis. Never been there. I expect a small airport which I like. The second leg of the trip is on a 50 seat jet. Yes, I checked to be sure it wasn't a prop plane. I did that once on a connection from Boston to Cape Cod and it was the only time I thought I was going to die. Bumpy, turbulent ride in a smaller prop. My daughter and I both got sick. I remembered my prayers before dying. We obviously didn't die, but I don't take small prop planes anymore.

The connecting airline is Pinnacle. The name inspires confidence. Doesn't that mean top? I want someone at the top of their game at the controls. For the first leg of the flight I am on NWA. They have had a few embarrassing episodes with their pilots flying while inebriated. We shall see how Pinnacle does. I might be close enough to keep a good eye on the flight crew. Besides, who every heard of terrorists highjacking a 50 seat link.

No comments: