Friday, April 18, 2008

The Simple Life

Sometimes I complicate my life worrying about what might happen. I tend to see all the options. Today my husband reminded me not to worry. I countered with, "You don't. I have to." My problem was obvious when I spoke it. "See the lilies of the field. They neither toil nor spin, and yet God...." -- to paraphrase; takes care of all their needs. More faith, less worry. More committing to prayer, less worry. Speak a good future. Say the best outcome.
Dealing with trust vs. worry means changing ingrained habits. It means trusting God is there. Trusting He knows our needs and loves us. Trusting He will make a way.
The link is to a funny video. Maybe the answers are really that simple and clear. I think I will need a little more time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WYJj78-89o

No comments: