Wednesday, April 2, 2008

That's Ducky


It's blogging catch-up time. Here is my ode to spring that "made" the St. Paul paper Bulletin Board this am:


Our theater of seasons
The MOM in Stillwater ("patiently waiting for the meltdown"): "I also love hearing more songbirds now that it is spring. (Is it really spring?) Recently I have been getting outside for long walks between snowstorms. You hear more chirping birds. Red-winged blackbirds are back.
"Yesterday, as I sat reading, I heard a duck quacking. It sounded like it was by the front of the house. We have had ducks come into our yard in past years, from the pond in the park across the way. When I looked, I didn't see a duck. Later I heard it again and still couldn't spot it. This happened repeatedly, leaving me puzzled until I realized it was coming from my husband's computer. He has an animated cuckoo clock on his home page that measures quarter-hours with quacking. Foiled. No nesting mother duck behind the bushes by the house. I guess the ducks know springtime is a little off in Minnesota this year.
"I may have to settle for virtual spring."

No comments: