Saturday, April 5, 2008

Time to put some spring in my step

It's a beautiful spring day. Sunny and 60's. Only fringes of snow banks remain and the migrating birds are singing. I decided to walk downtown and use the ATM at the main bank. The deal with walking downtown is that it is DOWN. You must return going up and up. I took the main street stairs to start my return. ( Pictured) The picture does not do them justice. I got the picture off the internet. The steps turn halfway up the hill. I think you are only seeing half on the photo.
During Easter break son, Andy, said he had finally walked up the Main Street steps without stopping. I set that as a goal and did it. I almost died at the top, but I did it. I even ran two blocks on the way back. Now I am ready to take on Boston, but not the Boston marathon! I am leaving Monday to visit an old friend who lives twenty miles from Boston. Jon will hold down the fort at home. We plan to tramp our way around the historic sites. If I remember correctly, the town is pretty flat. I don't think even Beacon Hill is too much of a hill. I have confidence. I have conquererd the Main Street steps.


No comments: