Friday, April 4, 2008

Suggestion for a Mother's Day Gift


Another blurb from me in the St. Paul PP Bulletin Board today. Heh, Mary. You are mentioned.

Our Osterizer just keeps going and going.


"Know thyself! (responsorial)
The MOM in Stillwater: "Subject: We aren't a blended family, but are mixed up.
"I just read The Old Woodchopper's account of buying his fourth wall-mounted can opener during his marriage. I have no idea how many can openers we have purchased the last 40 years, but we are still on our original blender. My husband gave it to me almost 40 years ago, when I was 'a little pregnant.' It just keeps humming along, and gets a lot of use these days making whey protein shakes and smoothies or margaritas. Our daughter Mary recently offered to give me a new one, but I declined. I think this wonderful machine will be good for the duration.
"Getting a blender for my first Mother's Day present was a portent of things to come. [Bulletin Board teases: Most portents are!] I have gotten my share of toasters, fry pans and even toilet seats as gifts from the prince. (In his defense, they are usually coupled with a more romantic gift, like perfume.)
"Can I mention the brand name of the blender? It starts in an O. The gift that keeps on giving."

No comments: