Monday, December 22, 2008

Jane Comments on Dec.21st's, "Inquiring Minds Want to Know" Blog


I heard it at the coffee and cookie fellowship after our church's children's Christmas pageant yest erday. A woman came up to the window and asked me to quickly hand her a cup of lemonade because her husband was choking on a powdered sugar donut. As a nurse I probably should have investigated further and see if a heimlich manuever or fast dialing of 9-1-1 was needed, but I instinctively knew this was just civilian first aid. Give fluids to the choking. Use the word choking loosely. I never heard sirens or saw a crowd gather in a circle and people screaming so the guy must have lived. I don't think my church profits from my active nursing license. I am better off serving in the kitchen and pouring kool-aid.

No comments: