Sunday, December 21, 2008

Snow Daze

I don't have my snow picture yet. When it gets light I better take one to post. We got "it" yesterday. Six, maybe seven inches of fresh fluffy white stuff in time for Christmas. We have had several Christmases that were brown or barely dusted with snow in recent years. It is a disappoint to those with snowmobiles, skis or children who want to play outdoors on vacation. It doesn't usually disappoint me. I have a couple cousins who will spend Christmas in Uganda visiting a newly married daughter and husband. I like their plans.
Since Jon is still recuperating, it is my pleasure to man the snow thrower. That makes quick work of the job. My only problem is that it doesn't have electric start and I had to have the big guy come out and do the pull start for me both times I used it. I think it is time for me to get back to the gym. I took a hiatus since early November because it was hard to work into my schedule. I walk when I can. Haven't been able to do outdoor walking much lately because it is often slippery. At 63 you don't want to fall and break something. My walking buddies remain supportive and check on my welfare and send encouragement. One has a no walk Dr's. order until her Achilles tendon heals. We need to get back to walking. My card club buddies haven't done well getting together since one of our members had surgery for breast cancer. Even if we aren't meeting regularly as before, we all hold each other in our hearts and prayers.
I am adding my two cousins who are traveling half way around the world to Uganda to my prayer list. Have a safe trip. Have a glorious time. Enjoy Africa. Cliff is a professional photographer and I can't wait to see his pictures. That is how I will leave you. If you are buried in snow or ice, try daydreaming about a Christmas in Africa.

No comments: