Saturday, December 20, 2008

Plunging Ahead Toward the Holidays


I realized this morning we have another "holiday tradition" I had forgotten about. Several times on a holiday our main bathroom toilet has overflowed or the floor drain in the laundry room backed up after I put all the greasy turkey skin down the garbage disposer. We were embarassed but not nearly as much as the family member who got caught in the bathroom with an overflowing commode! That sure can break up a party.

It happened to me first thing this morning. I caught it in time. Note to family: I bought a new, stronger plunger. It is in plain sight. Yesterday I caught my sweetie just as he tossed a paper towel in the toilet and flushed. He had wiped something off the countertop in the BR and flushed it to my horror. The potty chugged and he grabbed the plunger but I am now watchful. Maybe I will recommend the nervous guests who read this use the other bathroom or at least be quick with the plunger

It seems I have run out of topics for blogging.

No comments: