Tuesday, December 23, 2008

There is Room in the Inn, Just None in the Refrigerator


I quit drinking milk a couple of years ago. I just got tired of running out of three kinds of milk. I prefer skim, the kid drank 1%, my husband wanted 2%. You can run out of milk three ways. If you have a spare of each, you have at least six milk containers in the frig. Jon finally consented to drink 1% but now I don't care. I would rather eat yogurt.


We don't have the milk problelm but have morphed into being a five kinds of butter or margarine family. Andy likes the butter canola oil blend. I like real butter occasional for cooking. I have Jon on olive oil no trans fat I Can't Believe it isin't butter spread and I like to cut the calories and use 5 calorie I can't Believe it isn't butter. We like the no calorie spray fake stuff for popcorn. Five kinds. Five ways to run out. Takes 5X as much room in the frig. That is the problem. Holiday food and the frig is usually near capacity with 7 kinds of salad dressing, condiments, marinades, sauces etc. Single people get it right. Just nail polish or beer depending on the gender of the owner. Family frig looks different. There is baseline stuff. Jars of olives, BBQ sauce, h orshradish, dipping sauces etc. No room in the frig. Add to that my stockpiling of individual yogurt now that all of us eat it now. I won't even get into buying lettuce in the big container that doesn't fit in the produce drawer. Merry Christmas. I am grateful we have food unlike so many of the hungry in this world.

No comments: