Monday, January 25, 2010

Thanks, Brett

There is no joy in Mudville.
I woke this morning; sat on the edge of the bed and rubbed my knee and stretched; then overrode the aches remembering I felt much better this morning than Brett Favre.
Thanks, Brett for a wonderful Vikings season. No one believes we would have gotten that far without you. You gave it all and I winced everytime they hit you hard. Cameras cut to wife Deanna who looked distressed with the repeated hard hits and especially when you limped off the field.
This Vikings team was the best we have watched in years. Lots of talent working as a team and Favre probably deserves a lot of credit for rallying them. We have had stars like Randy Moss before but this team was different. We cheered to the end.
I had said I would root for the Saints if they went to the Superbowl, but it may take a couple weeks to forget. In the end, the team who fumbled less, won.
There is no joy in Mudville. We have six months to resurrect hope. During that time team owners will again ask for a new stadium forgetting the current dome is called the "twelfth player" because the noise generated by fans disrupts the visiting team.

No comments: