Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Julia Who?

I ready the Nancy Drew series of books when I was a girl. They have just released a "Nancy Drew" movie. My granddaughter said she would like to see it so we went yesterday. After the movie I asked her if she knew who the star of the show, Emma Roberts, was. She said she did. She is on Disney TV. I then asked if she knew she was Julia Roberts niece. She said, "Who is Julia Roberts?" I keep forgetting she only has a memory chip ten years old. Emma Roberts is a big deal in her world; Julia Roberts is an unknown name. My daughter in-law Jen has the whole series of Nancy Drew mysteries, books that were her mom's as a child. Granddaughter Mina is now motivated to read them. The continuum of life is sweet. Maybe I will look for the Sue Barton Student Nurse series I read at a young age.
wonder if that influenced me toward my life's work.

No comments: