Friday, July 13, 2007

TRAINED TO BE HONEST, BUT...



My long time friend Barb is staying with us several days. Today we spent in downtown Minneapolis. She didn't recognize anything. I guess things have changed in forty years. We parked in the Mall of America lot and took the light rail from the transit station to downtown. Barb was amused that Minnesotans line up and buy tickets when no one collects them on the train. Wouldn't happen in New Jersey, she said.

We bought the discounted tickets for senior citizens even though I think they want you registered with a card to do that. One the return trip, senior tickets were not available. Later we found out they don't get a discount during rush hour. We then masqueraded as disabled and bought those discounted tickets from the kioskvending machine. I think I may have to confess this.

No comments: