Sunday, June 15, 2008

Good Pig / Bad Pig


My sister just mailed me the book "The Good Good Pig' which she highly recommended after reading it. It's next on my list to read.
This morning's paper has a story about another pig. The pig is named Alaina Templeton. Her owners were charged with animal neglect. The 50 # pot bellied pig was "farmed out" when the owner had ankle surgery. Alaina gained 100# at the farm. No one loosened her collar and that was a problem. What do you suppose the judge will say to the pig's owner? Your pig is too fat?
Apparently the pig bears no responsibility much like all those who sue fast food establishments when they gain weight. Maybe we need the food police after all to protect us and our pets. Better check Fido's food dish. Better buy the diet dog food. I don't get that either. Never seen a dog who filled it's own food dish.

Meanwhile, I am back to trying to diet. I am now addicted to Kashi cereal. I was amused to read the label on one of the Kashi GO LEAN boxes. It says: "Crunchy Fiber Twigs, Soy Protein and Honey Puffs". Twigs? That should keep ME out of the courtroom. Grazing on wood chips can't be far off.

No comments: