Friday, June 27, 2008

Oh Gee, O J


It should be the perfect way to start your day. O J didn't work for me today. Today's local paper has a story about OJ Simpson vacationing in northcentral Minnesota. His long-time girlfriend of twelve years is from Fergus Falls, MN. He is up there meeting her family and playing golf. Now, our kids get to pick their own mates. Parents should butt out, but I wonder what her folks said when she took up with this guy twelve years ago.

OJ was found innocent of double homicide at his trial. Many people, myself included, think he got away with murder. I have come to wonder if the police tried to help the prosecution a bit with evidence but I still think he was guilty. Don't see him spending too much time looking for the real killers, do we?

My dad grew up a few miles from Fergus Falls and I still have relatives living there. Wonder if they have spotted him around the area and nearby Fargo. Hope we don't see a real-life sequel of the movie "Fargo" with another grizzly ending.
Minnesotans now have three celebrities in our midst: Jesse Ventura is back contemplating whether he should run for president, Al Franken is campaigning for Senator, and OJ has found a new hideout.

No comments: