Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Seven Little Words You Can't Say In Heaven Either


We've all probably watched him and laughed. He was a clever man who noticed the little inconsistencies in life and made us smile. I loved George Carlin's "Hippy Dippy Weatherman" of years ago. I liked his lists. George Carlin died Monday.

I have seen videos of Carlin shaking his fist and daring God to strike him dead if God existed. He would smile when he found himself still standing. He was an atheist.

I am not the judge. I believe God is the judge and life continues after we die on earth. He didn't believe that. I don't judge him. One of us is right and one of us is wrong. You can't have it both ways.
I believe the words of Jesus who said, "If you don't acknowledge me here (on earth) I won't acknowledge you there. Sobering.

No comments: