Friday, October 24, 2008

What Are We To Believe? -or- Navigating a Modern World With More Knowledge than Christopher Columbus but it is Still an Adventure







Just when I had been convinced that "The World is Flat" after reading Thomas Freidman's book, another newer release claims, "The World is Curved". What are we to believe?



A couple years ago I was humming along with Rascal Flat's "Life is a Highway. I'm gonna ride it all night long". If you can't hear that song running through your mind now, you haven't seen the movie "Cars" and there are no children in your life.



I really don't know if the world is flat or curved or perhaps round. We have to believe the astronauts who got a peak at it from far off, I guess. All I know is that if my 101K, formerly known as my 401K, doesn't keep plummeting I am going to be "Leaving on a Jet Plane" or maybe riding on that highway...and not looking back.






No comments: