Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Jon dear and the John Deere







He's at it again. My husband, Jon, is "working" me for a new John Deere lawn tractor.
Less than three months ago he bought a new John Deere snow thrower to replace the one he bought during the 1991 Halloween blizzard of the century. He only used the new one once before our Minnesota winter halted abruptly. No more snow fell. I think he would have welcomed another chance to use it.
It is now lawn cutting season and every time he spots that green snowthrower in the garage it reminds him he wants a John Deere lawn and garden tractor. I don't want to buy one before we make some more urgent purchases. Put the new tractor on the list or paint your red riding mower green. Just don't surprise me with a new one yet.

He will continue to try to wear me down. In the meantime a friend offered to give him his old John Deere lawn tractor. The only problem is getting it home. Neither donor or recipient own a pickup. Jon commmented he might have to drive it home along the side of the road for the five miles. I think his new tactic is making me feel guilty. It's not working. We have a fairly small yard and I love cutting the grass with the Toro walk behind mower.

No comments: