Friday, July 2, 2010

Land of the Free, Home of the Brave


It's the weekend of the Fourth and there is a lot of patriotic stuff on the internet.
I loved the one I got today with a You tube clip of an Oliver North speech. I looked twice. Is that really Ollie? It is. Time flies. We first met Oliver North during the Reagan administration. Can that really be over 28 years ago?

The video is about the American soldier. It is about warriors who are heroes. The last story brought tears and it is why I am angered when our government possibly approved torture of enemy prisoners. We are better than that. Even if our enemy wins, I would rather be an America who does what is right...what is righteous, than stoop to the level of terrorists. Might be my Catholic education that taught "the end doesn't justify the means".

link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJfeD-I39CQ&feature=player_embedded#!

No comments: