Thursday, February 22, 2007

AMERICAN IDOLATRY

I'm a hopeless fan of American Idol and after watching the past two nights want to pick the final few. Last night's performance by Lakisha was amazing. It brought back memories of Fantasia Borino two seasons ago. She stood out among a pretty strong field. Before she sang I thought Melinda was the best and Melinda is very talented. My other pick among the girls was 17 yr old Jordin. The only guy I think will make it to the final four is Blake. Unless Lakisha has a meltdown I can't imagine her losing.
She learned to sing in church like so many others and seems refreshingly modest and soft spoken. Let's keep on eye on her.

PS: I'm still walking. An hour flies by when I walk with my friend Judy. Curves has become easy but I wonder if going consecutive days without a day off between is helpful. To build strength it is recommended to lay off a day. Now did I want to be a strong woman or a thinner woman? Think I will keep going daily.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Stronger = thinner. Really, it's true. And I think I heard one day off for every two on. If that makes sense. And get your protein!