Tuesday, February 6, 2007

I'VE GOT PEOPLE




“I’ve got people”. Haven’t you heard that a lot lately on the tube? A commercial for a tax preparer offers reassurance we won’t stand alone before the IRS if we use their services. The other ad has to do with winning something and having “people” to pay the bills. Usually the phrase "I've got people" is used by famous or affluent people. They have people to manage their careers, their finances, generally take care of every need and maybe get them into rehab when scandal looms. I wonder how many people Donald Trump has? If I were his barber I wouldn’t want that widely known.

In a sense, I’ve got people too. I’ve got someone to do tech support on my computer. Someone who services my car and occasionally washes and polishes it. Someone who plows the driveway. Someone who does the taxes. Someone who shares the cooking and will do a load of laundry. Someone who does the lawn. Sounds like I am a high maintenance person.

This week it will be 39 years since I married that someone. He does far more than the services I have listed. He is more than I have described. I love you sweetie.

No comments: