Monday, February 19, 2007

SWEATING TO THE OLDIES


For the past month I have been trying to regain my girlish figure and some muscle. I joined a health club and have gone 4 - 5 times a week. My endurance is better, my heart rate is now in the target range instead of above it, and I actually enjoy the time spent exercising. I also meet a friend and walk 2 to 4 miles each weekday morning. I definitely enjoy doing this with someone to talk to as walking round and round a fieldhouse alone is boring. I have another friend who is coming on board Mondays and Fridays to join us. I get lots of support from women I know at church. Only one thing is missing in my retinue; a net! Yesterday started out okay but the afternoon was bad. The evil twin in my head convinced me some cinnamon bread would taste great toasted. It did. Bread is my downfall. It was like "Happy Hour" for toastaholics after that first piece. I ate four. Then I made a bad choice for dinner substituting a frozen chicken Kiev for the skinless, boneless chicken breast I was going to have. Not good either. So I need a friend with a net or maybe I should authorize my husband to duct tape my wrists together if he hears the toaster.
Today is a fresh start. I am getting back on the program and may even add a new exercise regime. I think I may take up dancing to the oldies. It sure took the weight off the little guy in this video. link: http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2931/skeleton_street_show/

1 comment:

Mary said...

You are right, today is another day. The first of the rest of you life. Oh, how cheesy! Mmm. cheese.

If 4 pieces of bread and chicken kiev is your downfall, boy am I in trouble. One brownie, two brownie. Repeat.

You are doing great and I'm glad to hear you have workout buddies. I'm sure it helps.