Thursday, February 15, 2007

DOUBLE MY MONEY BACK


Since I officially retired last March I questioned whether I wanted to spend the $85 biannual fee to renew my nursing licence. Since I had the required continuing education credits I decided to do it one more time. I would keep my options open two more years.

Yesterday my husband met with our insurance agent to review our policies. He found out we could get a 5% annual discount if I sent them a copy of my RN licence. A 5% reduction comes to $85 / yr. Double my money back because I get it every year and only pay for the licence every other year. I might be keeping that licence until I die or quit driving. I'll bet the rest of you hope I don't live to be 100. Spooky to think of me doing either until I am 100.
I "made" the Bulletin Board in the St Paul Pioneer Press on Feb 13 with a one liner and again today with a story my sister should remember. I am "The MOM in Stillwater". I don't know why I like to do that so much. I guess I like an audience. Is anyone out there?

No comments: