Sunday, February 11, 2007

IT'S GREEK TO ME

Yesterday was our 39th anniversary. We took each other out to breakfast in the morning and our newlywed daughter and husband took us out to dinner. We dined at Santorini's Greek restaurant. Mary had a reservation for 7:00pm, but we had a Seinfeld moment when we arrived. When she told the Maitre de her name, he scanned the list and retorted "Julianne?" No, Julianne just sounds like her surname. No table waiting in the busy restaurant. Mike commented they knew how to take the reservation but not keep the reservation. I'm not sure they even knew how to take the reservation. They did accommodate us after a brief wait and we had a wonderful dinner. I am enjoying the other half of my dinner for lunch today. Love those take home boxes. Do dogs ever get the doggie bag? That probably is a phrase that is no longer used. This reminded me of the movie "My Big Fat Greek Wedding." I think I will watch this wonderful movie again. I saw it the first time when it was a small movie not many were seeing. It's popularity grew by word of mouth and endorsement from fans, not the usual studio hype. We saw it with my daughter who had just gone through a break up with her long time boyfriend. I think the light when on in her life when she saw this movie. She saw there was a future and shortly after that met the great guy she married last September. OPAA.

No comments: