Monday, January 21, 2008

Not Always Cheeseheads


We watched the Packer-Giant playoff game and rooted for the Pack. It was extremely cold on the "frozen tundra" and I wondered how long it would be before the TV cameras zoomed in a a trio of young guys with bare chests painted green and yellow. I never saw that. What they did show was a trio of young ladies in yellow bikini tops with bare midriffs. They didn't even look drunk. Probably looking for that moment of fame on national TV. I hope they didn't watch the entire game like that. The coach of the Giants looked like he needed an ER visit. His face was dark red. I kept an eye on him. Most of the Packer team worked with bare arms. Can't figure out how sleeves would have hurt. Sleeves probably wouldn't have helped much, but weren't we hearing that with -15 to -30 wind chills bare flesh freezes in less than a minute?

I admire the Packers and their fans. 73,000 people willing to stay outdoors for a couple of hours last evening are dedicated (or demented). Of course, many of that number were New York fans.

Eli Manning is a likeable guy and will follow his brother Peyton into the Superbowl. I wonder if that has ever happened before--- brothers quarterbacking successive teams in the Superbowl. They occasionally showed dad Archie Manning rooting for his son. Archie played for the Vikings for a season before he retired. Not sure who we will cheer for in the Superbowl. Both teams are fun to watch. I guess I will be pretty safe if I wear red, white and blue when I watch the game.

No comments: