Wednesday, January 23, 2008

VOTERS LAMENT

I am already tired of the hype. I am already tired of hearing them proclaim they are going to win. I am tired of snide remarks. I am tired of the disrespect. I am tired of being solicited for my vote. I am tired of watching some of these untalented people make fools of themselves. Now they are in South Carolina. They want to win there and then head to the big contest. They want to be the next American Idol. I think the show has lost its appeal.


Presidential politics can wear one down like the American Idol contest. Candidates have been engaged in campaigning for over a year. Maybe if we had a panel of three judges like Randy, Paula, and Simon we could thin out the crowd shorten the procedure. (Simon need not apply. Qualifications for the panel of judges should include being a US citizen.) Judging from the way politicians work together these days, picking the judges would have to begin long before the campaigning. Let’s not tell Florida we are voting to pick the trio of judges. That could only slow this down.

No comments: