Sunday, March 11, 2007

ON A SCALE OF 1 TO 10, MAYBE AN ATE...


Have you heard of the book "The Reverse Diet"? I read about it the other day. The author formerly weighted 300 # and lost her excess weight by eating what we would normally eat for dinner for breakfast. She ate her smallest meal in the evening. Interesting. There are many diet books and people giving advice, but I thought what have I got to lose. (PLENTY, actually.)

This was not a scientific test; I just ate roast beef and vegetables for breakfast the last two days. Yesterday I had no interest in eating lunch. No hunger. At "supper" I still was not hungry or interested, but ate something because I don't want protein intake to get too low or I will lose muscle not fat. I am not sure I can remember ever eating just because I thought I should.

We'll see how today goes. Jon has no interest in having reverse meals. If I cook for him and eat the leftovers the next day it could work. Truth be told the poor guy is doing much of his own cooking these days because he does not want to eat what I am eating. I don't think he will want to join me tomorrow eating leftover ribs and sauerkraut!

1 comment:

Mary said...

I don't think I could do that...but good for you! I am however trying to actually eat a healthy breakfast and lunch...It makes a lot of sense to eat your calories early and supplement throughout the day.

Good for you!