Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Prepare to Meet Your Maker


I am not sure who the "maker" will be, Dominos? Papa Murphy?--but we are going to a pizza party today. I laughed when we got the invitation in the mail. It is from Bradshaw Funeral Home just up the road. They are having an informational meeting on cremation services. Pizza is provided for this lunch time event. They know their audience. Seniors will turn out for free food.
A month ago when I went to an afternoon Tea with old friends, I realized I was the only one there who had not written a living will. Most had plans made with the Cremation Society of MN and had preplanned their funerals. I know we should do this. It just seems like there is time. You do it to make it easier for your kids and we always intend to but..
The only planning I have done is how to work a piece of pizza into my daily calorie count today. I could eat lighter for breakfast or take a pill from my emergency bottle of Alli, the fat blocking pills. Those pills claim to block 25% of the calories from fat in a meal. I have only used two so far because I eat a pretty low fat diet. I can't see taking an expensive pill to block 25 - 50 calories. It is just as easy to walk a little more. I look at indulgent food now and calculate how far I will have to walk to burn it up. I have been walking 7 miles on good days. That should cover about 700 calories. Maybe I can have the pepperoni and cheese. Soon I will have to have a winter plan and do most of the walking indoors or buy a piece of equipment to use at home. Winter is coming. We have frost warnings tonight and tomorrow night. Last week the thermometer hit 92. What a switch.
I like the picture of the pizza delivery guy who is wearing black. Maybe he is from Bradshaw. I know they do pickup. Perhaps they deliver.

No comments: