Friday, October 26, 2007

Big Fall Moon




Spotted this in a yard in North Hudson and couldn't tell if they were Viking or Packer fans. The white jersey says "Favre". Cheeky display.
Today was the first day the "frost was on the pumpkin" at our house. It seems late for the first frost. My impatients finally wilted.
Complaint from my husband today; "I don't have anything to say to my sister anymore. When I call she says, 'I read that on Jane's blog'."
Besides this yard display, there is a "hunters' full moon" out now. It was so light last night I had trouble falling asleep until I closed the blinds. The moon is 30,000 miles closer to Earth in it's orbit. Amazingly, that makes a difference in the quarter million miles gap between the two bodies.
We have to enjoy everything about autumn now; snow is predicted for next weekend. Hopefully it will only snow in Minnesota, not Florida, California or Texas, although parts of California would probably welcome snow this week. We got news that one of Jon's cousins who lives in the Lake Arrowwood region of California had to evacuate, but their house was spared. Scary stuff.

No comments: