Friday, October 26, 2007

I Have Become My Mother

This picture doesn't really look like my mum. She was much cuter, but in a way I have become like my mother. When you are young you say that and shudder. When you get older, you wish you could be so lucky. I am not sure the sense I am like her is good or not.

My mom was a saver. When she died, I found an old coat of mine that I wore in high school in her closet. Remember, she had moved eight or nine times and was living in a one-bedroom apartment. The coat is an avacado green, long, wrap-around number. I recall buying it when I was a freshman in high school. That would be around 1960! My daughter was into vintage clothing at the time and adopted it. Yesterday she emailed me asking if I would like it back since I have lost weight. I am not sure which story is the funniest; my mom saving it all those years, my daughter wearing it and saving it or my interest in seeing if it fits. Vintage coat. Vintage me.

No comments: