Saturday, October 20, 2007

Spy Vs. Spy


Remember those cartoon characters from Mad Magazine?
Jon did some maintainance on my computer yesterday and informed me I have a virus. He tried unsuccessfully to remove "Spy Shredder" and "Spy Sheriff". No response to his email to these asking how to clean the computer. Must be bogus. We have "One Care" spyware and isn't the same as these. I probably inadvertantly "caught" these viruses. When I see an urgent message that my computer is about to shut down or disintegrate if I don't run the spyware, I may have succumbed to a scenario like that. What to do. It may be toast. Jon spent the last seven hours today (he was up EARLY) backing up my fiiles and again trying to clean the virus. If I am incommunicado for a while, it may be the virus. Too bad the solution is not as simple as washing your hands or covering your mouth when you cough. Oh, the problems of a barely computer literate 62 yr. old retired woman. I can't get a shot to prevent this.

No comments: