Wednesday, October 17, 2007

From Today's Bulletin Board--The MOM in Stillwater Strikes Again

The simple pleasures
Old-Fashioned Names Division (cont.)
Both inspired by Grandma Enid of St. Paul's comments about her Uncle Pearl and mother, Ruby:
The MOM in Stillwater: "Another sign of being OTD: I remember when Regis Philbin was an announcer on 'The Joey Bishop Show.' I don't suppose a lot of the younger generation have ever heard of Joey Bishop. That show was on a long time ago.
"Regis Philbin occasionally has his wife, Joy, on the show. I had an Aunt Regis (my mom's sister) and an Uncle Joy (my dad's brother). I thought those names were unusual, and it is funny they were of the opposite gender as the Philbins.

(I forgot to tell them I also had an Aunt Pearl, although she was an aunt by friendship not blood.)

No comments: