Monday, October 29, 2007

Casteling Without Being Checked


Someone said, "Confession is good for the soul". I don't know. It may be good for my soul, but it might also damage my reputation to admit the following. After years of harangueing my husband, I found out I like White Castle hamburgers (sliders, gut bombs). One of Jon's friends gave him a coupon for a free case of burgers. There are 30 in a case and he had been waiting for an opportunity to get them. He couldn't redeem the coupon unless he had someone around to help consume. I have forgone that pleasure for decades. I couldn't get past the smell of the onions. When my daughter and husband said we were going to stop over Sunday night, Jon seized on the opportunity to indulge. I thought I would be a good sport and try one, maybe two. I ate five and liked them. Horror of horrors. I have been razzing him for years. What fun will I have now? Next year if we celebrate Valentine's Day at the WC again I won't order fish.

No comments: