Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Car Talk




That's my 2009 Hyundai Sonata on the right. My crashed 2004 Hyundai probably looks like the cube on the left. I didn't take a picture after the wreck so I went online looking for an image of what it probably looks like now. I imagine it is on its way to a scrap iron yard in China.
When I did a Google search for a picture of a crushed car I initially put in Omar Sharif + "Top Secret". Top Secret was an 80's movie; a comedy with a scene where the spy, played by Omar Sharif, is crushed in a junkyard car crusher. There is a scene of him alive but trapped in a cube of twisted metal. That is the somewhat humorous image I wanted. Google gave me pictures of Omar Sharif and a lot of other Omars. It also came up with some images of things stamped Top Secret. I suppose somewhere a Homeland Security computer has picked up on my search for Omars and top secret and zeroed in on this 63 yr. old retiree. Hope they don't also know we bought the new car from a salesman of Egyptian/ Italian parentage at an Inver Grove Hts. dealership. I am starting to look like a suspicious character, arn't I?
Anyway, I have my new wheels and this car is purported to get 32 mpg. I hope so.

No comments: