Thursday, August 7, 2008

It's Not Easy Being Green




Brett Favre a Jet? Who would have guessed. I guess Thomas Wolfe was right. You can't go home again. Favre couldn't resume his quarterback position with the Pack. That probably leaves some fans disappointed, but his replacement must be sighing his relief. Management was in a hard-to-win position. No one over there wanted Brett to show up at his first game wearing purple and gold. Better to let him go into the AFC. Every year the Viking/Packer game brings out border rivalry. Former Minnesotans who now live in Wisconsin towns must root for the purple quietly.


After I retired from my position at the hospital, I took a "casual" position and worked a few days a month. One of the Drs. always teased me, saying I was doing a "Bud Grant" retirement. Have the party, come back to work after. He was the physician in the ER when Jon and I were brought in after the car crash Saturday. He greeted me and asked if I wanted to come back to work now, "Like Brett Favre". Nope. Liking my life just fine. Nice to be fully retired just like Bud Grant is again.


Picture: Former Vikings coach Bud Grant when he played baseball for the Stillwater, MN team.
Click on the picture to see it bigger. He is fourth from left.























No comments: