Sunday, August 24, 2008

Okay, Everyone Fall In


It seems like a few weeks ago I was contemplating signs of spring or summer’s arrival.
Looks like the next season up is sliding quickly our way.
Garden mums are for sale at the grocery store and I planted mine yesterday.
There are lots of ripe tomatoes on our vines.
The Sunday newspaper is fat and thick with ad circulars hawking back-to-school clothes, computers and dorm furnishings.
The state fair is here.
We’re sleeping with the windows open and the AC is at rest.
Roasting a turkey and baking gingerbread is appealing.
The Olympics are over.
I spotted a couple neighborhood girls loading containerized stuff in the back of a pickup truck yesterday. Freshman orientation at college is beginning.
The squirrels bombed us with acorns this morning as we sat on the deck drinking our morning coffee. We are under a big oak tree. Those flying rodents may hold a grudge that we cut down a tree they nested in( last fall). They seemed to take aim at us, dropping acorns.
The Democrats are meeting tomorrow in Denver.
The Republicans are coming to St. Paul next week.
Did you notice how nice downtown St. Paul looks?
I need a sweater when I walk early in the morning.
I need a sweater when I walk later in the morning too.
My husband thinks the weather is perfect.
Must be fall already.

No comments: