Monday, June 4, 2007

Chongquin or Chung King?

My son Andy, blogged he was surprised most Americans have never heard of Chongquin, China which is a very populous city. He is staying in Beibei which is about an hour away from it. I checked on Wikipedia and it states the metro area population is 31,000,000. Not an insignificant place. It was the wartime capital of China in WW2. My ignorance shows. When I first heard of it when Andy told me where he was going. My only association with the name was the Geno Palucci chow mein brand food of years ago. Do they still make that? Do you suppose there are Chinese people who have never heard of New York City? I think that is smaller than Chongquin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chongqing

1 comment:

Mary said...

Amazing! I think we might be learning more and more about China in the upcoming years.